18 October 2008

RULES FOR PARENTS OF TODDLERS & PRESCHOOLERS
RE: PHOTO SHOOTS
1. Don't book a photographer at 4pm in the afternoon
2. Don't drive 50 minutes to designated 'location' if children have not had a nap
3. Remind your children that if they don't listen, they will not be accompanying you home(just kidding)
4. Do ingest as much caffeine infused products as humanly possible prior to said shoot
5. Did I mention the 4pm thing? What was I thinking?
Today we took the girls for a really truly most proper photo session with the talented Lauri...we've saw her work here, and we couldn't wait to let her unleash her talent on the Snowflowers....the thing is....I didn't follow my own rules, and taking two un-napped, unruly, whining children on a 50 minute car ride(why they didn't fall to sleep on the way is beyond me) is never a good idea! Let me tell you, I don't know how Lauri could stand it...the whining, the naughty behavior, and that was just Mike & I! Lets just say...Piper was FULL OF IT, and Paisley was Grumpy McGrumpypants!
If Lauri can come up with even one good shot of the little monsters I'll be happy! If not, we'll reschedule for an AM session!
UPDATE! I was right...we have to do a do-over! Lauri managed to get a few shots, but the girls were just not cooperating! She has a few on her blog but we are going to reshoot this weekend. For some reason Piper was NOT cooperating when it came to getting a phto with both kids...ugh, poopr Lauri, she has to brave the Snowflowers once again!

6 comments:

insanemommy said...

Oh noooooo. I know how you must have felt! We haven't tried the photo thing since the girls two year photo-op. It was awful. Me screaming, the girls screaming.. Oh, no. Not to be repeated until their 16!

Deb said...

Oh....I can't wait to see! :)

Maia said...

I cannot wait to see. I know it's going to be awesome...you have a way with awesome photo shoots. I'm sure all the unruliness won't detract.

DiJo said...

Knowing Lauri, she got something FABULOUS!!!!
Sorry it was so stressful!!!! I can totally understand!

Hugs,
Diana

Noemi said...

Looking forward to seeing the pics....

fourlittlehawks said...

I bet they're gorgeous, her website is amazing! I can totally sympathize with the stress factor!
Every experience I've had taking the kids for professional portraits has had me wanting to hit the bars afterward! By the time it's over I don't even want any pictures of them, because over the course of that hour I've decided that I don't like them much at all! ;)
~ Jen