01 August 2007

my daughter the mermaid



As you all probably know, Piper has been taking swimming lessons, it's been great fun and both Mike & I are astounded at the progress she has made in the last week. Last night we decided to go to the pool after dinner to get Piper worn out (yay for summer!). What we realized is that our child will now hold onto the side of the pool with one hand, put her head under the water and push off the side towards us, she has also decided it's more fun to do this with her eyes open! cool huh!

My little merchild astounds us everyday....how can a two and a half year old child bring so much joy to her parents?

okay, stop the zenlike water music and aaaah~ahhh~aaaaah's of a thousand mermaids singing....

it gets funny at this point...we stopped at the grocery store to pick up milk and coffee on the way home. Piper sat in the cart, pointed at my top and said in her loudest voice...."I SEE YOU NIPPLES MUMMY!! THERE THEY ARE...ONE, TWO...TWO NIPPLES!!"

YE GODS!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Oh My!! I am not sure if I am ready for life's most embarrassing momemts. That is too funny!!
Gail

kitchu said...

Thank God we only have 2- it could have been MUCH worse, eh?

Patricia said...

What a crack up!! And I thought it was funny when Kiara asked, "Do Daddy have a bra too?"

This is some crazy ride at times, isn't it? LOL!

HUGS!!
Patricia/NYC

Elizabeth said...

Ya. Kids. They say the darnest things.