29 August 2007


"Oh my, how you've grown"

For the last week or so I've been selling some of Pipers old clothes on ebay. Of course I'm keeping my absolute favorites for Paisley but in order to get winter clothes for Miss P I decided to clear out the old to make way for(and pay for) the new(or preloved in our case).

I'm actually doing okay, despite listing everything on ebay and racking up $135 in ebay sellers fees! Then today I get the email, list EVERYTHING for free for the next month...GREAT! I could have saved myself some cash if only I'd waited! However, 'if onlys' don't fly in this house so I keep on tracking my sales and deducting the fees, so far I've 'made about $550! Not bad..$150 was from the barbie and an American Girl doll I sold my first week, but the clothes have been selling slowly but surely. I even sold Piper's chicken costume from Halloween last year...I packed it up and sent it off to Canada this morning!

So, the effects of this meant Pipers closet was almost bare this past week...but then packages started arriving. I think I'm almost finished getting her 'suited up' for the coming winter...and at a fraction of the normal cost! I've bid on and won full gymboree outfits new with the tags still attached...for $10! That's about a $50-$60 savings! I don't care if it's last years style, Piper is 2 for goodness sakes!

I'm really pleased, and with a few supplemental long sleeve tshirts from Target we are set! I have to say I even got a new pair of elefanten shoes for $9.99! WOW!

In the middle of the wardrobe purge I found this dress that I'd put away for when Piper was older...guess what...she fits it now! She wanted to be fancy and be a 'ballerina fairy', so this is what we came up with. Although, I'm not sure Ballerina Fairies have as many bruises on their legs as my little tomboy....no modeling for Piper in her future!

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Wow!! Piper looks about 4 in this photo!! What a big girl she is now! Very beautiful too!

Glad to hear your selling is going so well!

The black & blues...Kiara can match them with her knees all skinned up! Tomboys, yes, but they always want to be dressed up, don't they? ;)

Gail said...

Piper is beautiful even with bruises. I have also bought a lot of NWT clothes off ebay. Great deals!
Gail

tiffany said...

I have been doing some of the same bargain shopping (though not yet doing enough SELLING!) and last week scored a pair of new ele shoes for...get this...$1. LOL At this quirky thrift store I had never heard of with mostly junk, this one pair of shiney black patent leather shoes jumped out at me and when I asked the ladies how much they were, they told me usually $2 but today, everything is half off. LOL They had no idea what they had there. :) I will donate some good stuff to them sometime to relieve my guilt a bit. ;)
Happy bargaining. And selling! Good for you! I sold some last year and loved doing it and yet, haven't done any for months now. Need to get on that!
:) Tiffany

kitchu said...

That is AWESOME!!

James Michael said...

She looks so beautiful, what a great picture! It's so amazing how they grow. I have a few things I put away for Charlotte that were 2T and they are so close to fitting. I thought 2T was going to be years and years and years away. I'd love to try my hand at the ebay thing but I am not sure I have it in me.