09 August 2007

What's a dunnie?



if you're an Aussie you know...and you better use it, because the next one isn't for a while! We visited the Australian exhibit...it should really be called the Australasian exhibit but we shan't quibble.


I guess it leaned more so on the Aussie side, especially since New Zealanders are more partial to Marmite, Vegemite is disgusting! (most Americans would conclude both are particularly vile).

Wait....kiwi crossing...does that mean....





I know it's sketchy, but it was dark in the kiwi house..it's the first time I've seen one move so quickly though...quite cool if you ask me. I don't think anyone else was as impressed by this football sized flightless bird...but I loved it.(what isnt there to love, it lays an egg 2/3rds it's size!!!)

1 comment:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

I love lurking on your blog ~ and I had to leave a comment on vegemite because I love it :D Yes ~ for real ~ Mom was an Aussie and we grew up on the stuff. Very hard to find ing the States but I do come across it every once in a while!