22 August 2007



"There is the currency of money, then there is the currency of meaning".

Wow. This one really spoke to me. I heard someone say this on a webcast today, it spoke to me! This fundraising isn't about MONEY, it's about MEANING! It really renewed my passion, and I needed it! My faith that we will raise the funds needed for this adoption has been faltering. We had even discussed pulling our names from the Waiting Child list so that we could have more time to search for 'resources'. There just doesn't seem to be a solution. One thing we know, this is our last chance to adopt a child from China, we no longer meet the new requirements set in place as of May 2007, we are 'grandfathered' in, along with thousands of other families hoping to bring home a child.

Watch this space for updates and fundraising projects, we are waiting for news from Mike's employer in September...we will know then if they will implement an adoption benefit, this will be one of the BIG deciding points for us as to how we proceed with this adoption...if it doesn't happen then we will need to sit down and discuss walking away from the Waiting Child program, something neither of us want to do.

So...for now, back to the search for meaning

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I really hope everything works out so you can go get Paisley! You will be in my prayers.

tiffany said...

Keep the faith. The stress of coming up with the funds disappears once you hold that sweet little person. I say that even though we will be paying off our most recent adoption process for months to come. Of all things to owe for, adoption at least wont come with regrets. As we know, each of these little people are worth the wait, the trouble and the expense.

Patricia said...

What a great quote!!
Hang in there, Hoppes! Paisley WILL be home with all of you...

Hugs & prayers...
Patricia/NYC

Calico Sky said...

There are some good articles for those that live in the US about resources and funding. Let me know if you want me to dig them out for you? I did a post actually, a really long one, on funding adoptions.

Maia said...

Good attitude! And I love the zen picture...if stress loves company, let me just tell you that my father-in-law convinced my husband to go to Daniels Business school (a VERY expensive grad school) by saying that he would pay for it if Mike would apply. Mike got in and has been pulling top grades for a year while working fulltime - and now, just months before our adoption, his dad has turned tail and says he will NOT pay for the schooling. We would probably not have chosen to owe those immense school loans while adopting, had we known. So...nothing we can do now. We just have to be in debt. One of those times when you just don't know what to say about your in-laws!!
Breath deep, Hayley! I know I am!!ox

polkadot said...

Great sentiment. You will get Paisley, keep it up! We are just weeks away from traveling to get Bennett, whom I begged/borrowed/stole for (OK, didn't steal, but you get the picture).

In my thoughts & prayers...