19 September 2007

'Blue Jeans Blues'



Well, I won't even 'touch' on my inability to find a pair that fits my ever expanding bottom,...butt(I couldnt resist) this week I have been on a mission to find a pair for Miss Piper. First off I hit the local consignment stores, I've nabbed a few bargains from the re-sale store 'Once upon a Child' in the past, so I thought I might get lucky this time too. Sadly the Jean Gods were not on my side so I entered the realm of evil...the dreaded mall...

...I started at Gap, wow, they have some cute stuff, but I NEVER buy anything retail, so paying $39.50 for a pair of 2T jeans was not going to happen! Then I hit Old Navy, I figured they would have a few pairs to choose from as well but at a better price...

...We tried on eight pairs of jeans and not one single pair fit and there was a serious possiblity that she would be recruited for MC Hammer's comeback group if you get my drift! The problem is the rise, the point from the crotch to the waistband...EVERY single pair had about 3-4" too much in the rise, they are made this way to accomodate diapers! But...what if your kid doesnt wear diapers? Are you supposed to let them waddle like a penguin? We picked up one pair on sale, just in case we couldnt find a better pair elsewhere.

After some thought and a discussion with some other China-Mums, I went back on my safari this afternoon. We hit Sears, Target and Kohls in search of Levis. I found ONE solitary pair that will just have to do! They aren't perfect, but hopefully they will be comfy enough to run and jump and not look like a skaterboy ratbag! At $12.50 0n sale, I think I got a bargain, they do have sparkles all over them which will be interesting...but at least I didn't cough up $106 for them like the ones in the picture! WHO pays $106 for a two year olds jeans??? If you do...please feel free to notify me of your garage sales in the future!

The pair that won...but only because there was no other choice



I'm regretting this pair already...I think they will go back to Old Navy



See what I mean...the crotch is 4" to low!



******UPDATE*******

We went to a different 'once upon a child' a few dys ago and found these...I guess that 'guess' is the way to go for miss P! Much better! They were $14 pre-loved but boy they fit much much better! I wonder how much they are new?

4 comments:

OziMum said...

Rappers have em pretty low?!!! Maybe they should be wearing nappies?!!!

Carrie said...

yeah take them back mom! same problems here with close an I got three kids so it is so fun shopping with all three-I have thought about just one at a time shopping for next time!

Lauri said...

We never have luck with jeans....
maybe now that we are done with diapers I can find a pair that fit my girl

Unknown said...

most of the time I give up & dress Chloe in a skirt & tights...we get tired of our 'one' pair of jeans, also!

BTW...$106 for kid's jeans???!! Be our luck to sit in red jello the first time wearing 'em. LOL