08 September 2007

Movie & Book of the week

WHY WE FIGHT



Mike & I watched this movie tonight. I don't care if you are an Republican, Democrat or Independent...this movie speaks in volumes about WAR and why we fight. Rent it. Watch it. Buy it.

A Mother's Ordeal



This book has had the most impact on me as a Mother in a LONG time! A true story of one family and the impact of China's one child policy. This book is not for the faint of heart. It's callous and barbaric at times but filled with such emotion and suppression of emotion that it will take your breath away, and break your heart at the same time.

I think I'm going to do this book & movie of the week or month thing from now on...my library is growing, thanks to half.com and ebay. Netflix is my movie delivery system of choice...so now friends, I begin my foray into the world of book and movie recommendations.

2 comments:

Calico Sky said...

I heard about that DVD. I'd love to rent it, but couldn't get it from my local library. My adoption budget doens't seem to stretch for movies right now :( but when the time comes I'll have to watch! Thanks for the great recommendation sweetie!
Glad Piper enjoyed the concert.
Um YES, I'd miss Aukland too! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Tammy C. said...

Hayley - I read this book also. Boy, was it eye-opening. It will be great information for our girls when they are much older.

Take care, Tammy