28 September 2007

singin' and dancin' in the rain






dum dee dum dum, dum dee, dum dee dum dum....


There is something freeing about playing in the rain. It started coming down the other night and I asked Piper if she would like to get her umbrella and play outside. Without a second thought she bolted upstairs and grabbed her buzzy bee rainboots and rushed down the stairs faster than I have ever seen...she had those wellies on faster than I could say 'gumboots'! She grabbed her Ladybug brolly and hit the sidewalk...10 minutes of pure splashing fun! I even took her down to the cul de sac to splash in the puddles. You'd have thought I'd taken her to Disneyworld the way she looked up at me. Gotta love this kid, she's amazing!

7 comments:

Lily's Pad said...

My daughter loves to put on her "spashing boots" too and jump in every puddle she can get to. You are right; there is something freeing about playing in the rain (for us and them:)Piper sure is adorable and looks especially cute in her ladybug rain gear!

Mary

OziMum said...

Lusting after that umbrella!!!

Too cute!

Calico Sky said...

Just the smile I needed, thank you :)

kitchu said...

Yeah I'd say she's damn easy to love!
Even from a distant auntie who has yet to get her arms around that cutie pie!

tiffany said...

So cute. Sometimes its just the little things isnt it. :)

Tamara said...

Too too cute. It was such fun as a little kid to go play in the rain. Love the little boots!

Maia said...

Love the new layout. Love the umbrella! We're back in town, only just, and I'm catching up on my favorite blogs! Missed you guys!