07 September 2007

Piper's first day at pre-school



It was a big day for Piper, she started pre school! Although she is still at the same center, she is now in a new class with a new teacher. This morning when we went into her bedroom to get her up, she stood up and said "Can I go to school NOW?", talk about excited! After breakfast we tried to take a few photos, but the scruffy monster had escped from Piper's pockets and done a fairly good job on our daughter...it seems that photographs must be taken milliseconds after the last hair is brushed or Piper ends up looking like she has spent three weeks hiking in Nepal.

The knee socks were my idea, I think there is supposed to be some leg between sock top and skirt hem, but despite that, the kid is cute. If only the hair fuzzies would do me a favor and disappear!

should the top of my knee socks touch the bottom of my skirt?



come on guys...let's go!



backpack...check, lunchbox...check



spinal injury...check. Whoa, this puppy is heavy, what did you pack in my lunchbox?




Daddy, I don't need to hold hands anymore, I'm a big girl



I'm a terrrrrrific tiger! yet, no frosted flakes?



my new cubby



all's well when there is a breakfast bar on hand



incredibly unfazed by our departure! Cheerio parental units!

11 comments:

Gail said...

What a cute picture-story. And such a big girl.
Gail

kitchu said...

ah... I can't believe it... god she looks SO cute... will you come and dress Macey when the time comes? (if it EVER comes)...

Chris and Julie said...

I L-O-V-E the socks!!!!

Julie

Patricia said...

I have been thinking of Piper since yesterday!!! SO glad to see an update about school! First of all...she is just TRULY ADORABLE!! And the socks...they looked like tights & I just love that outfit!!

But...what in the world is she carrying in that backpack?? LOL! Kiara wanted a backpack for school, but honestly, I have nothing to put in it!

Also..that photo of Piper & Daddy is just WAY TOO CUTE!!!
CHEERS, Piper to an AWESOME school year as a mighty tiger!!

P.S. Kiara is a Kangaroo!

Maia said...

That has to be the cutest back-to-school outfit I've ever seen!
And I like the hair. Very punk rock. You need to embrace it, not fight it!

kitchu said...

hey... can i just adopt her? or how about visitation rights? huh? whadya say? you and mike need a vacay or what?

tiffany said...

Ah the one of Piper and Daddy walking down the hall in school is just too cute! Hope she had a great day at school with lots more to come. :)

Calico Sky said...

Adorable!!!
She is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute :)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

To cute... love that picture of walking down the hallway without holding hands... such a BIG girl... Hope things have been good with you... I have been SO busy and yep, completely forget to send that square... it is in the mail tomorrow... really sorry... I won't make up an excuse, it did slip my mind... am I forgiven? Back to Australia in Jan '08 - all free and only for a week... have to come back to work... don't be a stranger... Fliss

Unknown said...

INCREDIBLE CHUNK OF CUTNESS!!!!

Carrie said...

i think i have that shirt piper but i am 32!