24 September 2007

confide my love to the moon and sky


Tomorrow is the Chinese Moon Festival. This will be our first time celebrating and Piper will get to stay up a little later than normal to participate. We didn't manage to get any moon cakes this year, but we will make our own version of harvest moon cookies. Basically they are thumbprints with apricot or blackberry jam...yummo! Next year we'll branch out and try lotus or red bean paste(em...I can't wait).

We ordered a few more 'moon' inspired books to read and have picked out some moon songs to sing. Funnily enough Piper has been singing one of her favorites, 'rocket ship' by Justin Roberts and from that we got the title to our post. She is hilarious, I had to let her know that it's "confide my love to the moon & sky" not "confine my Mum to the moon & sky"...I think she prefers it HER way!

We'll post some photos from our night beneath the stars.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your updated site -- I'm jealous!

Enjoy your moon festival celebration...

OziMum said...

Gorgeous new template!

We're going to our Spring Moon Festival tonight, in the city. We'll be with our China Adoption Support Group, and will probably be the only ones without an asian child... I don't care! The kids have made a lantern each and we're walking in the parade! Maybe we'll have Mini next year?

Danielle Moss said...

Ok I have to tell you your site is one of my favorites. I love the set you chose. It looks great! You have a great eye!

Have fun at the Festival!

Danielle

3 Peanuts said...

I wish I had known about the moon fesitval earlier. I will have to celebrate it with Kate next year. Thank you for stopping by and introducing yourself on my blog:)

Kim