17 September 2007

I'm pretty sure this party will suck!



On Saturday we went to a work bbq held at Mike's boss's house. Piper was not very impressed when we told her she was going to a party but there wouldn't be any balloons! My child is a sceptic...I know her little cranium cogs were spinning on high gear...'hmmm no ballooons means no fun'

Well...when we got there her attitude shifted...there were a tonne of other kids to play with, and a SWINGSET! One of the other kids taught her how to run and jump on the swing on her tummy...this was deemed the most superior of all games, far out ranking the 'throw the bocce ball down the stairs game'



As you can see, Piper learnt some other valuable kid games...monster faces was also a HUGE hit!



As people gathered around the fire pit, the children went out on 'stick hunts', Piper gladly tagged along and was able to scrounge up a handful of twigs from under one of the neighbors trees.



Mike's boss Pat helped her throw them into the fire while I stood back hyperventilating about all the possible burn scenarios and the realization that I am an uber-protective Mummy, I glanced at Mike, he seemed to be breathing heavier than normal too....so it's not just me, notice the finger on the back of Piper's cardigan...he's not letting her get too close! Piper's new found fascination with fire is one every parent is ultimately overjoyed about.



Daddy's protective finger

3 comments:

Maia said...

Too funny - love that deadpan face in the first one. My friend's daughter refused to come to our wedding "unless there were balloons". there were not, but my friend was able to convince her that there WOULD be cake, and she's just a sucker for cake! we had a lot of kiddos in attendance so I also made grab bags for the kis full of pirate patches, sherrif badges, bubble machines, fake tattoos and butterfly bandaids...worked like a charm!!

Unknown said...

Very cute pics - I LOVE that sweater!!

crazylady said...

STUNNING child. Pouting or otherwise.