01 October 2007

GAWD THAT GIRL IS SAUCY


This is Mike's idea of the PERFECT woman...and dammit I'm going to try to be just like her...well, at least in the kitchen! Nigella Lawson the goddess of the gastronomy. She is not just a cook, she exudes sexiness with every whisk of egg white and every zest of Mayer lemon. Just Nigella reading her shopping list is like culinary foreplay...she is my idol! She is the 'Domestic Goddess' and unlike Martha Stewart's 'waspy' elitist presence, Nigella is down to earth, curvy and inviting...and boy SHE CAN COOK!

We are going to start Menu planning and on Sunday nights Mike & I will sit down and plan the week ahead. We're doing this for a variety of reasons, but mostly for economics...and to put me out of my 5pm 'staring in the pantry with a blank expression thinking WTF will we eat for dinner' misery!

So...from this domestic 'goddess in training'...to all of you out there...get your muffin on and join me!

8 comments:

Maia said...

Now there's a good role model.
Wanna hear something funny?
Every morning while he's still in his PJs and grinding coffee, my Mike is trying to plan for dinner. He does this by asking me what sounds good to ME. THe funny part is that when I wake up, I want espresso and chocolate, and nothing else. It is literally impossible for me to think in the morning about what I might feel like eating ten hours later. Impossible. I am an impulse eater, and Mike is a compulsive planner. But what he ends up making almost always looks mouthwatering to me when the time comes!

Patricia said...

EVERY morning, I ask Frank what he would like for dinner & EVERY morning he says to me, "I haven't even had breakfast yet!"

We wind up have the same 3 meals every week, with me & Ki in the supermarket EVERY morning in the very cramped aisles with some very cranky people! The other nights? We just eat out! lol!

I really can't take it any longer! lol! I NEED HELP!! lol! Dare I join you? Can I really become a PLANNER??

OziMum said...

I take my hat (or should I say apron?!!) off to you, if you can stick to your menu planning ideas! I tried that once.

And the "english muffin" chick... she obviously doesn't eat her own food?!!! Look at that waist line (to the blokes... that's UNDER her BOOBS)!!!

Ramona said...

Hey, if you come up with any super cheap, super fast yet healthy meals, please let us all know! I'm saving my gourmet cooking days until the kids are at least teenagers. (Maybe by then Katie-Beth can be doing all the cooking!)

"M2" said...

I'm gonna pass on the tight shirt and muffin making
more of a nuke it wearing ratty baggy shirt type here
you no like it, don't eat it

Calico Sky said...

I can bring the accent!!!!!

Carrie said...

what-no-one looks like that without a personal trainer

James Michael said...

Very nice muffin rack. Almost as good as Giada!