08 October 2007

MENU MONDAY..um, on Tuesday again.

Monday: Turkey Tacos

Tuesday: spaghetti & meatballs
totally yummo! We cheated and used half a bag of ikea meatballs, newmans own sauce and whole wheat organic spaghetti from Target. Pair it with a salad and some garlicy bread and it's the best remedy for a chilly Fall day!

Wednesday: grilled lemon chicken with asparagus and wild rice
bake chicken with squashed lemons and juice, and lashings of pepper. Cook wild rice and grill asparagus on grill pan until charred but still crunchy...sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and shaved parmesan

yeah - good intentions, but we ended up with pizza, I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer before we left for the zoo!

Thursday: fish & baked potato wedges

Friday: vege lasagna & salad with garlic bread
I'm making this one up..I mean, how hard is lasagna? One thing I do insist on is a little nutmeg in the ricotta...I always add nutmeg to cheese sauces too...it just tastes ..better!

Saturday: vege pizza ala Papa Murphy's take and bake!

Sunday: soup & grilled cheese

okay, I know this week isn't the healthiest but I'm babysitting most of the week and need easy meals. Mike is out at a work function on Thursday so Piper and I will have our version of 'fish & baked chips' which is basically lightly breaded tilapia and a package of organic potato wedges that we bake in the oven and cover with garlic sauce! If you haven't tried the Alexia products, their chips are fantastic! Always in the frozen section at Target!

5 comments:

tiffany said...

It all sounds delicious to me!

Barbie said...

Sounds great! I love tilapia! That will probably on my menu again soon too. Enjoy your week!

www.momentsmemoriesmilestons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'll take the left overs!

Calico Sky said...

what about mushy peas with those fish and chips ;) okay its the one thing traditionally british I don't have, I go for real peas instead.
When we meet, we'll do fish and chips by the sea! Of course you are nowhere near the sea! LOL

Patricia said...

Sounds great! I'm hungry!
Big nutmeg fan here too...always in cheese sauces & milk based ones too! :)

OK...I'm serious now...I'm MENU PLANNING!!