16 October 2007

What does the Queen like for her tea...

...scones of course, and a cup of tea!




can you see the love!



Piper & I decided to bake this afternoon since it's miserable outside. What better to cheer two girls up than a batch of organic choc chip/orange scones! YUMMO!

First you have to mix the dough...Piper kept eating the chocolate chips but once there was baking soda on them she grimaced a little but still ate them! the look on her face was priceless but the quest for chocolate was strong...she has jedi powers when it comes to any thing chocolat!

Piper took the 'painting' part very seriously, as well as the sprinkling of turbanado sugar on the tops...lets just say she was a little heavy handed on the sucre.



Once they were cut and placed on the cookie tray she HAD to count them...I don't know why, but she figured there were sixteen and at least fifteen belonged to her! As she was counting she pointed out a few that belonged specifically to her? Perhaps they were the ones with the most visible choc chips...smart girl!



A watched oven never bakes...well, it does if you only have 12 minutes to wait!



TA DA! Voila! Fin!

9 comments:

Maia said...

WOW! Those scones look amazing!! I'm so impressed.
Once we asked our niece Victoria, when she was about four, if she liked Chocolate (much of the Larkin family won't touch the stuff..they're way too virtuous...unlike MOI!) and she said:
"I'm not 'apposed to have it."
"Really?" we said. "How come?"
"Cuz chocolate makes me CWAZY," she said matter-of-factly.
Too funny.

Carrie said...

can you send some my way?

Cynthia said...

I WANT ONE TOO!!! How fabulous!

Glen and Andrea said...

I've never heard of chocalote and orange scones but they look divine. And I love the photo of Piper brushing on the sugar - too funny!

tiffany said...

mmmm! They look delicious. And I think we have the same stove...except yours is so CLEAN! :)

James Michael said...

Can I send Shelby to your house for some domestication lessons? Cooking dinner every night AND baking scones? You sure you guys cant move a little closer to us?

Patricia said...

SCRUMPTIOUS!!! Send one to me!!
I think we need to get Piper & Kiara to bake together!

When are you guys coming to NY????

Calico Sky said...

I can almost smell it....well if my stuffed up nose wasn't in the way :)
Piper's pictures made me smile!

Alyson and Ford said...

They look great!! Send the recipe!
I love scones in the wintertime with hot tea or coffee. Yummy.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06