31 October 2007

Special FFD lunch and a trip to the Mall!

After the Dentist Mike had to stop by Macy's to pick up a jacket that he had altered, while he was doing that Piper and I went to the kids department to look for a holiday dress. Now don't get me wrong, I love a good tartan but seriously I do not want to dress my child like a giant Christmas present, including the 10" giant bow! Where can a girl find a cute holiday dress say in brown velvet with a subtle flower or embroidered embellishment measuring no more than 2" in diameter? Not at Macy's!

After our failed attempt to locate an ensemble cute enough for our very own 'Fancy Nancy' we left the Mall for the 'Galleria', the 'Galleria' is really a Mall of sorts, but it hosts the swishier shops..Tiffany & Co. Bang & Olufson, Restoration Hardware...Oilily...getting the picture...did we go to shop? HELL NO..we went to EAT! They have a 'Big Bowl' restaurant and that's where we had our Forever Family Day celebration!



After a delicious lunch we ordered a special celebratory desert for Piper...she waited...



...and waited....



...and when it came it was a winner...chocolate filled wontons with a big scoop of ice cream!



..."did I eat all that by myself?"

7 comments:

tiffany said...

Piper looks so beautiful. Love the pony-tails. And the day looks perfect. Well maybe not the dentist part but almost perfect since even that included prizes and movie tix! :) And I am almost positive I saw a version of the very dress you describe at Target or Walmart. No kidding. Brown velvet(ish- LOL) with a flower under 2". Check it out just in case it will do the trick! :)

Patricia said...

Patient Piper!! Great photos of her waiting for her special dessert...it sure did look like it was worth the wait! Did she really eat it all? lol!

Heather said...

I will go to lunch with Piper any day!! Looks delicious, hoping it was worth the wait:)

I find dress shopping to be daunting at best - is it me, or was it easier when we were little?

Take care,
Heather

OziMum said...

WOW! That desserts looks amazing! I'm drooling with jealousy!!!

Calico Sky said...

Oh Hayley, that is soooooo cute!!!

Happy Happy Family Day!!!!!!

:)

Stefanie said...

Looks YUMMY!! Definitely worth the wait!
Sounds like a great day :)

Juliette said...

Seems you had a perfect day!
The dessert looked amazing...and your girl is a cutie.