21 October 2007

My Daddy went to China and all he bought back was this....



..very funny shirt. So okay, some of you might think it's off, but we think it's funny, it says 50% Mummy, 50% Daddy 100% cute! Mike thought it was sweet AND funny because Piper is adopted...and while we do honor her birth parents and acknowledge our differences there 'ain't no denying' this girl is our child...from her funny accent and the way she pronounces words like a born & raised kiwi, to her fastidious obsession with keeping things 'clean & tidy' like her Engineer Daddy! Also her gift of the gab...a combined effect from both her Mummy & Daddy....this girl can talk the ear off a politician!

She also got a Hello Kitty wallet for her Hong Kong coins, and a copy of the first movie Piper ever saw on the big screen 'Surf's up', we celebrated by staying up and had a special movie night last night in honor of Daddy being home! Daddy didn't forget me either...I cleaned up too... Mike bought me back an 'ehemmm' "totally authentic special price for you" Coach purse purchased at the extremely above board markets in Hong Kong! I also got some lovely tea that I am looking foward to drinking this afternoon with our Guiness muffins!

2 comments:

Maia said...

Love it. Perfect.
I am SO gonna be all over the knockoff purses in China...can't even tell you. As a former New Yorker, I know my way around the knockoff markets, and I ain't afraid. Those designers make plenty of money - I'm not worried about them.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!!

We also have a daughter from China who is almost 8. We were group 230 with CCAI :0) We lived just a few miles away from them and miss them a lot (we now live in AZ)! We also have a son from S. Korea as well who is 5.5.

Your girls are adorable!