24 October 2007

Wacky Wednesday

Two things...



Firstly...this is my parfum du jour...I have had a bad cold/cough for the last two weeks...some may call it the FLU, but I refuse to break! I am resorting to Tylenol severe congestion medication (tastes like feet) and lashings and lashings of good old vicks vapor rub...begone woes of using petroleum products on my bare skin...I don't care...I am using it, it makes me feel better! We used to call it 'tickle tummy' when I was a kid...perhaps it's better described as 'stinky tummy' - whatever...I smell therefore I am!



Secondly....isn't this chipmunk cute as a button? Yeah, ooooh, look at his cute cheeks all filled with autumnal goodies ready to be 'squirreled' away somewhere safe...BUT NOT IN MY HOUSE!!! We have a suspicious invader in our kitchen at present. We are calling ORKIN...as cute as they are, they do not belong with humans. I broke out the 'emergency' bleach (we don't use it) and steralised the drawer where this little critter had decided to store his winter munchies...better luck next time Alvin...we're gonna get you!!!

it isn't a chipmunk people its a bloody.....



Mike bought traps yesterday...if that doesn't take care of him...then we call the ORKIN man! Mike saw him this morning...he was up before dawn and saw a tiny mouse zoom accross the kitchen floor, when Mike turned his head the mouse froze...he must've known...his days are numbered! sayonara Mickey!

5 comments:

"M2" said...

I am an addict to vicks......I could sniff it all day

the cough cold thing is bad....
it's not the flu.....everyone here has had it
for myself and DH it required antibiotics
zithromax for me... and a different one for DH
the thing mutates and turns into different gunk in different people.

I had to go on steriods as well for the inflamation due to the cough.

hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

I borrow Chloe's baby vicks - has lavender fragrance, too! feel better SOON!

Unknown said...

ZIcam is my secret weapon - hope you are feeling better quickly.
Wow, so you think you have a critter IN your house? Eww...I'd be pulling out the bleach as well - they are just cute little rats is all they are!

Maia said...

Seems like everyone has a cold in preparation for fall...
Two weeks is unfairly long.
Feel better soon! You must be almost at the end...

Maia said...

uh oh, i just read secret agent's comment...my husband was coughing when he woke up this morning...