31 October 2007

Happy Candy Day!

How do the Hoppe's celebrate candy day? Well, first things first we get up at the crack of dawn and we go to the DENTIST!



I did quite a bit of research on Dentists and in particular, Pediatric Dentists. We felt it was important for Piper to go and see a dentist the specializes in caring for children...we've heard some scary stories and wanted to make sure Piper was at ease, even if I was having an anxiety attack! Believe me, it is worth it to visit a Dentist that is kid friendly...it could change the way your child sees the man in white for years to come!

We booked the first appointment of the day and arrived early but as we sat in the waiting room the clock kept on ticking and before you knew it we'd been waiting for over half an hour...we didn't say anything to the receptionist but we were starting to wonder what was happening? Before we had a chance to ask, the nurse came out and apologized for the wait, handed us two free movie passes and ushered us into the exam room! TWO FREE MOVIE TICKETS!!! For what, for waiting?

First Holly the Hygienist counted all Piper's teeth...she has twenty!



Then we met Dr Dave...I am not exaggerating when I say this guy is a rock star dentist for kids! What a lovely man, Piper wasn't freaked out in the slightest and they were all impressed with her behaviour! Dr Dave checked all Pipers teeth and pronounced them in perfect condition...she did not need a filling, she did not need sealant and her enamel is in awesome shape! The reason we'd had to wait was soon apparent, as soon as we met Dr Dave...we knew what the hold up had been...the nurses had been spraying his hair blue for Halloween!



Piper left with a bag of goodies...toothbrushes, stickers, and a PRIZE! A funky jelly ball bouncy thing. Now why don't I get movie tickets, stickers and a free jelly ball when I go to the dentist? Oh well, I guess Valium will do...I wont complain!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Hmmm...think it's worth hopping on a plane to go see Dr. Dave? This dentist office ROCKS!!

And I totally agree...I first saw the dentist at 2.5....a "grown up dentist" & have never been the same since...

So glad it all went so well!!!

Calico Sky said...

I need Dr Dave :)