14 October 2007



Today Mike flew to China. We dropped him at the airport and full of excitement and expectation Piper asked him...

"are you bringing Paisley home from China Daddy?"

Mike was crestfallen. I told him I'd explain to her as he needed to get through security. We had a lovely talk on the way home and Piper understands that Daddy is in China for business but as soon as we know where Paisley is we will send her a blankie and some books, and as soon as China says it's okay for us to come and get her we will. She nodded and tears welled up in her eyes, and she said "but I need her"...whoa, my beautiful daughter is already in love with her sister.

We were at the fabric store the other day and Piper said "I need to make Paisley a blankie Mummy, what if she doesn't have a blankie???" so we picked out some fleece. Then I asked Piper if she would like one too...she was so happy that we will be making them 'together' and picked out some Tinkerbell fabric. Such a kind heart in someone so little. I am so proud of her.

When the lady handed us the fabric Piper burst out "this is for Paisley, she is in CHINA, she is my SISTER!"

6 comments:

OziMum said...

Too precious!

We're considering a family holiday in China around April. Is that a good time to go? I figure it'll be before the Olympics and the weather should be mild? Still in the pipeline, til we see if CC@@ start allocating more than 5 days a month!

Patricia said...

What a sweet, caring angel Piper is!! You're doing a great job, Hayley & Mike!! :)

Maia said...

Aawwwwwww! THat just brings tears to my eyes. Kids are amazing. I never cease to be flabberghasted by the way their minds and hearts work.

Cynthia said...

How precious! You must be one proud momma!! Piper is just gorgeous.....and I can't wait to see her side by side with her sister! Trust me - it's too cute!
I have two China babies!

kitchu said...

Gotta go get a tissue. Serious. I've got tears just streaming down my face.

Deb said...

Too sweet! Piper has such a tender heart! Can't wait to see the 2 sisters together!