15 October 2007

Monday Menu plan...on Monday!

Since it's just me & the kiddo we are eating out of the freezer and pantry this week...see what we can scrounge up and make into something warm & yummy for the blustery wet & windy week we will be having in Minnesota!

Monday - crock pot chicken curry with peppers and cilantro basmati rice..thrown together Sunday night and popped on low this morning...it already smells delicious!

Tuesday - fish & chips (we didn't end up eating them last week!)

Wednesday - shepards pie...organic beef, onions, garlic, carrots & peas covered in lashings of cheesy mashed white sweet potatoes and served with green beans as a side.
UPDATE : pizza, mummy was sick

Thursday - asian noodles with tofu, bok choy, red pepper and black bean sauce...we just make this up as we go and use one of the MANY different kinds of noodles that I buy every time I go to the Asian market. it's quick, easy and yummy!
UPDATE: chicken noodle soup with lots of carrots and celery and garlic toast...just what the DR ordered...I feel better already!

Friday - Pizza.
UPDATE: I'll make the shepards pie for tonight! Now that I'm feeling better!

Saturday - Daddy's Home!!!! Steak, baked potato and veges and brownies with ice cream!

Sunday - dinner at our local Mexican restaurant!

There it is...all food is either in the fridge, freezer or pantry...all I need is the Steak for Saturday!

5 comments:

Maia said...

Ugh. I have been sitting on my ever-lovin' rear for four days in a row now, working some 14 to 16 hours a day on my illustrations, with not an exercise break in sight...just READING about food makes my butt feel bigger. I've got issues.

Patricia said...

It all sounds quite delish!! And please, Hayely...email me about the wonderful-ness of a crock pot!! I have NO IDEA how to use one, but it seems too darn easy to ignore it any longer! ;)

Hang in there with Mike away...I know all too well what it's like when the hubbys travel! :(

Carrie said...

got some for me and the three kids!

tiffany said...

Wow, when Rick is out of town, we have popcorn nights and such. LOL You and Piper are eating gourmet by my standards. ;) Looks great!

Cynthia said...

I'm coming to your house! You have the most wonderful meals! Wow - how lucky is your family?