30 April 2009

BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM!Piper started soccer last night, we are one of 18 pre-k teams in our County club. If you ask me, thats a heck of a lot of 4 year olds! Overall I think the club has 190+ recreational teams! once again, adding flourish
Mike signed up as assistant coach, but got assigned head coach because none of the other parents wanted the job. It's a pretty big commitment, lots of training and background checks etc.
First game is Saturday, I still don't have my camera but the little point and shoot will have to do.I WANNA BE A GOALIE!
It's a whole different kettle of fish compared to soccer when we were kids...there's no 'drills', no 'lining up', just lots of fun and an emphasis on the kids enjoying themselves. At this age, no team is pronounced 'winner', there are no goalies, just kids on a field with a ball going ballistic.

are you kidding? no goalies? I was BORN to be a goalie!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some mad skills on that kid!

Cavatica said...

She does look like a goalie!

kitchu said...

dear god wish I COULD kick like that... dude. she is a NATURAL.

i'm having memories of gym class where the teacher told her she had the body for athletics.

they weren't kidding.

Lost and Found said...

Simply Fabulous! Emme is going to try soccer next year. She LOVES kicking the ball around.

Calico Sky said...

She is in the wrong country!!! LOL

Maia said...

Look at her go! It's a brave opponent who would get in front of that freight train and try to steal the ball. I can see that one going far in sports.

Deb said...

I am sure it is a blast to watch them play! Piper looks like a real natural!!