11 April 2009

LEARNING THE ROPES I took my first camera class last week, just an intro to DSLR, because to be honest I have been using my camera as a point and shoot for over two years and that's just not right.So I took the kids to the park and fiddled around with the settings. Our instructor told us never to use the settings to the right of the green auto box because they never get it right, so we have to use the settings to the left, feel our way around and see what works.Let me preface this with, nothing works just yet...I amped up the shutter speed to get some action shots and got a whole lot of noise...so I need to scale it back...I might give it a whirl later on today. I'm not happy with the clarity of the shots because I left the shutter speed way to high. I also wanted to try messing with the f/stop....which gives you that depth of field blur/clarity...I like the blur. All of these are pretty much SOOC except for a bit of frantic cropping...
I also tried the 'tilt' to see if I could get some artistic vibe I probably need to get the skillz first, then try the artistry eh! Still...remember, I'm learning, and all of these are pretty bad...the noise factor is horrific...I will tone the shutter speed down, and mess with the aperture and f/stops.

I have to get FOCUS'd on this!
At least the Snowflowers had fun, and Mummy got to mess with the camera at the same time! Although it looks like Paisley is supporting Holland, I think she's for Brazil all the way, today she refused to leave the house unless she had on a bejeweled headband and mardi gras beads even though she knew we were going to the park!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I have learned alot at my little class-worth it! I have like til the end of May when it is over. This class was the best B-day present ever! Don't tell the DH though he will stop buying girly stuff for me!

Kim said...

Your pictures are great...it looks like the girls had a ball at the park!

Kim

Cavatica said...

No matter what, you're girls are beautiful!

The Oetjen Crew said...

I like Paisley's haircut!!! Soooo cute :)

Great pics, too!

Lost and Found said...

These shots are awesome. Did you get the new camera yet?