04 April 2009

I want my, I want my, I want my T1i

Well...it's not 'my' T1i....not yet anyway. I have some fairly massive redistribution of assets to organize before that sexy beast will belong to me....but I have plans...big plans....bwaaahahahaha!

With the help and assistance of one of my bloggy pals, who just happens to be a kickarse photographer who doesn't mind sharing her 'knowledge' I have been preparing for my shift into becoming a Mummytographer. With her support (poor thing gets a million questions from me!) and a few lessons here, and a workshop HERE, and a lot of practice...well, who knows?

I had my eye on the 50D, a nice upgrade from the XT I have been using for the past three years, then I saw this baby and I kind of decided I didn't need to go all the way up there, when the T1i would meet me halfway. Now, $$ doesn't grow on trees, but I have several huge boxes of the Snowflowers clothes and shoes that might just make it onto ebay...and if I can raise enough before the early May release date, then Ms T1i and I will begin our lusty relationship. Of course, I'm hunting for the 'software' I need to get my new hobby off the ground, it's crazy expensive and I don't know how people just drop that kind of cash...but I will keep looking...and if anyone knows where to get a reasonably priced version of Photoshop CS4 and lightroom please let me know!

oh, and dont get me started on lenses. I am peeking at a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 right now that is giving me the chills. I have to be very wise in my lens choices, I can't drop $$$ all over the place. I love some of the stuff fellow bloggers are doing, but the lenses they use cost more than Piper's pre-school...for a YEAR!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be the coolest kid on the block with that camera.

Rachel said...

Good luck raising the money! Let me know when you list on ebay.

Which PFP workshop are you going to? I'm going to the one in Michigan.

Tracy said...

I have both CS4 and Elements. Elements 7 is a pretty powerful little piece of software - especially if you are learning. You can do so much with it and jessicasprague dot com can teach you. Where to find it cheap... I haven't looked lately, but costco had it online a few weeks back for $49.00. Or if you are a member, you would have gotten a coupon in the mail to get it at the same price. Good luck.

Lost and Found said...

I want lenses. That's my thing right now and not sure why. I really like the 2 I have. I bought 2 books so if I have time to read them I'd be happy. I'm trying to take an online class too before June where I'll be hanging with Jonni (Nic introduced us). Now I want a groovy camera bag since the one I bought sucks.

Carrie said...

I would love it too-lucky duck! I hope you can get it in time!

Patricia said...

Was this post written in another language??!!

Seriously, this is like a whole other language for me...funny, I can draw & paint, but take a photo!?! I am soooo horrible!! I know nothing about photography & am so intimidated by it!

Can't wait to see you hone your skillz! ;)

Rubber Ducky Chronicles said...

Whoa, you are losing me here. I adore photography (especially those with kiddos) and want the coolest new camera too, but my memory forgot all about Photography 101 from high school.

Too bad I don't have any girls (just yet) or I might be buying some of your clothes!

Calico Sky said...

well just keep repeating good things come to those who wait! LOL

Kim said...

Oh my girlfriend...we are in the same boat. I am into the same hobby needing the same editing software. Here is what I found out...I was told if you have a student that you can get through them a whole post processing package with photoshop cs? (not sure which one), lightroom and other software worth $2000 for only $300 something....which is still more than I can spend right now. I have not checked this out for myself but a friend told me about it. The thing about photoshop elements is that you can't find ACTIONS for it but you can for photochop CS 2, 3 &4....or I haven't seen any for Elements anyway.

Good luck,
Kim