17 April 2009

Plastic Fantastic I found a new playground 10 minutes from our house and I am STOKED! A friend of ours suggested we meet at this lakeside park so our kids could play...our local park is under construction and we have been driving around aimlessly looking for a new place to play for the past two weeks.
Now I'm a huge fan of the retro playgrounds with aqua dinosaurs, see-saws and faded metal slides...but this is the 'burbs people, we aren't going to find anything like that here! What I have been hoping to find is something that is interesting, has swings, climbing frames, tunnels...you know, the whole kit and kaboodle....and this is it! It's like a rainbow of plastic exploded on the shore of this lake, and with it's soft recycled rubber 'surface' it's a really safe place for the Snowflowers to run & play.
training for K2

and the true testament of a fun playtime is how dirty your feet get...I think this means the kids had a rocking good time...don't you?!

mmmmmmm...nice and grubby

I like it when the girls play hard...I wouldn't let them go barefoot in most places, but with the kickin' rubber surface and the 'safeness' of the park and area I felt it was okay to let them go at it like good little kiwi kids for a change!

10 comments:

Tracy said...

must know where.... so we can go too! looks fun!

Patricia said...

Oooohhh...I am so envious!! Looks like you found a fab playground!! All of ours are being renovated & are serious hazards for kids...drives me crazy!! One of our parks has the same slides/see-saw & "monkey bars" from the '50s it is sooooo dangerous, but, if you don't have kids & stumble upon it, it is kind of cool that the original still exists.

Looks like you've had some awesome spring weather lately too! Today was our first day it hit 70 in over 6 months.

Lost and Found said...

We went to the playground today too and took pics. Yours looks more fun though! We have the same soft surface and it rocks

Anonymous said...

That is a great looking park. I am sure the gals had fun.

Cavatica said...

That place looks awesome!

Michele said...

That is an awesome playground. The slide would be my favorite.

Debra said...

The place looks great....our parks suck to put it mildly. Even better though was K's reaction your photo of Paisley with the one of her dirty feet underneath..."OMG how did she do that?"
"do what K"
"twist her feet all round like that"

J said...

That looks like an awesome park!

The Carew Family said...

Just curious where this is? Somewhere in the TC I assume. Will you please tell?

kitchu said...

i want to come back and play and get my feet dirty with them!