24 April 2009

snap.crackle.pop

After two weeks of moderate discomfort in my right knee, I had the proverbial 'last straw' this morning when I knelt down to help Paisley onto the potty. I experienced such excruciating pain that I almost passed out on the floor...actually, I almost vomited then passed out! So...I took this as my body's way of saying....or more likely SCREAMING "call the Doctor Hayley!"

I walked out with a knee immobilizer on and the knowledge that my Doctor thinks I tore my meniscus...which will be confirmed by MRI next week. I'm praying that it's just a strain, sprain, knee fart or any other kind of knee injury that doesn't involve surgery! This is not good news, I can't drive, which means I cannot take Piper to school, gymnastics or clean the house...how will I get anything done.

Pray for knee fart, I am.

9 comments:

Debra said...

Oh no!!....thinking knee fart, knee fart...

Rhonda said...

Knee fart!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Carrie said...

Ok, Never have prayed for a knee fart but I will!

Kristin said...

Hoping for a knee fart too!

Amy said...

OH no! I hope it isn't too serious. Thinking of you.
Amy

James Michael said...

Oh No..I am praying for a knee fart.

James Michael said...

I tore my meniscus after college. It wasnt fun and I wasnt sure how I did it. I can tell you that despite the doctors telling me it was an easy surgery to repair, it was not. I had the option of trying to repair or to just remove. Since it was a small tear I chose the repair. Bad choice. I wish I would have just removed it and more importantly I wish I would have "shopped around" for a better surgical team. If you need it done try to find a surgical team that works on pro atheletes. Sounds a little silly but experience makes a difference. I wish you luck!

Patricia said...

OUCH! Sending positive vibes your way, Hayley!!

My knees have been sounding like a bowl of rice krispies for some time now, & I kow it's a matter of time before something goes wrong...sigh...

PRAYING yours isn't as bad as you think!!

bytheriver said...

Sorry to hear of your painful experience(s). While the surgery is not fun (have someone pick you up and make sure you are out of sedation long enough) it is only outpatient and takes 1-2 weeks to recover. (Yes, I know there is no time for recovery when you have two little charmers underfoot.)

Hoping it doesn't come to surgery, but have to relate that it was on my birthday in 04 that dh had the same thing happen. Two days later, I went in to him out of the blue and told him I was sure there was a child in China we were meant to adopt. After meniscus surgery, in pain and on painkillers, he said sure, lets go for it!