24 January 2008


Girl with the ...oh shit, where's the earring?

Houston, we have a problem! This morning after getting Piper up, I noticed that the back of her little ladybug earring was gone. Perhaps the result from a restless sleep(Mike was up with her at 4am, then again at 4.30!)...or late night fiddling with her lobes...but this was not good, especially since, in the world of ear piercing, a couple of months is still considered 'fresh' so if the earring comes out and you leave it our for a few hours, well the hole just heals right up and there's no going back!

So I searched for her sparkley earrings but could not for the life of me find them , so I resorted to using a McGyver move and put tape around the front to hold it in place and vowed to run to Target to pick up a pair of studs. But alas, it was -17F or so today so we didnt go out until this evening, and the selection at Target was terrible...so I grabbed a tiny pair of 'sleeper' hoops, tiny, just hugging her lobe, but HOLEYSHIT BATMAN, it went in okay, but trying to manipulate the end to feed back into the hole (it's a full circle) was the closest thing I hope to ever come to knowing what torture is like...the screaming, the weeping, the tears..and sadly a little blood...ugh...yuk poor Piper!

It wasnt pretty! Thankfully I found her sparkley earrings just as I was threatening to remove them 'once and for all'...so the ear was saved, but she wouldnt let me near her other one, so she is now sporting one sparkley flower with garnet center and one red ladybug. tres chic!

Guilt people...oh the guilt.

9 comments:

JMCS said...

You rock! Don't think twice about the earring fiasco. Piper knows her mama loves her and she was just trying to get the dang hole to stay open. Sofia got hers done when we got home from China (a week or so after) and then she had her surgery and we had to take them out, so I was so stressed that her ears were going to close up and they did a little, so I had to push the studs through her ears again. Piper and Sofia are troopers.

Hugs,
Jonni
:)

tiffany said...

Earring troubles! My responsible, mellow Sophie has never lost an earring. Bella on the other hand, loses them constantly! We started out with diamond studs and have resorted to a much more economical version for the wild girl. Even the screw on backs are not Bella proof. We have had success with a regular tight back AND a rubber back. Doubled up she loses them half as often. LOL

Gail said...

Sounds like an adventure. Glad my daughter's ears were pierced while still in Guatemala.
Gail

kitchu said...

Poor Piper! Glad mum was able to save the hole in her ear :O) Where's the pic of this new fashion statement though?!

Patricia said...

I KNOW of which you speak!!! I've been there, my friend! Kiara came home from school one day sans 1 earring not long after being pierced. Oh, the DRAMA!!!

The other day she stretched out her lever back earrings...oy!

Chelley said...

Earrings ugh!! it never ends!! when I change Tiarnas I am always in for a bad time!!!

I leave mine out for a few days and the holes will close! I have had to have them redone 4 times!

Anonymous said...

Glad you found it. I once got the earring back stuck in my ear. It got under the skin and it got stuck. it sucked.

Yoli said...

I have the screw on back. If I use the others she loses them. She still wearing her gold studs. I have another pair that I will be putting on her soon.

Yoli

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Kia Ora - or should I just say hello... was in your neck of the woods this morning (or yesterday morning - well, down south in NZ)... I thought of you and took a non exciting photo of the coastline and Auckland for ya... to at least tie you over until you get there again... must dash... take care...
PS... stay away from Piper's ears for a while...