20 January 2008


How can this be?
How is it humanly possible for there to be so many faces on the page of a newspaper? and this is just half of the page...of one newspaper, one of hundreds, if not thousands of small daily papers accross China. This is the page on which our daughter's 'finding ad' was published...it's small, and it sits among others whose fate we will never know. It is so hard to imagine...and it brings tears to my eyes. What is so precious about this piece of paper? It is the earliest photo we will ever have of sweet Paisley, she looks only a few weeks old..and has a small smile on her face..one of the few that does. The true story of Paisley's first days are known by just a few, and we are not privvy to that information which is sad. I wish we could tell her birthparents that she will be okay, that she will be loved. The same wishes I have for Piper's birthparents. We are so lucky to be able to get this small but extremely signifigant piece of information for our daughter's, and it would not be possible except for the efforts of one dedicated adoptive parent.
Paisley is the sixth ad in the fifth column

8 comments:

James Michael said...

tears for sure. You, Mike and Piper are blessing her with one wonderful life. She looks happy in the photo she just knew a wondeful family was going to bring her home. Her birthparent's would be grateful.

Carrie said...

so cute, her tiny face!

Stefanie said...

So many precious faces. A treasure for you, I am sure, but a bittersweet reminder than many are not as blessed as your precious girl.
Looking forward to seeing a REAL smile on that girls face, brought on by her wonderful family :)

kitchu said...

It is heart wrenching... and yet this wait drags on and on and on...

Paisley has a brightness to her, doesn't she? Look at that little grin :O) I might have to nickname her Little Buddha (the smiling one, of course)...

Chelley said...

That just really stirs so many emotions, and I think what really for me that stands out is the face how adoptions are slowing down yet the faces are not?

Anonymous said...

Scary, isn't it? One would think that would be sobering for those who see them every day.

Maia said...

Boy, the collective sorrow of it really hits home when you see all those little faces, doesn't it?

JMCS said...

I feel your pain sister. I have had several crying episodes over Sofia since we have been home. It kills me that she has only so few pictures of her first year. I was doing her lifebook the other day and just started crying after I read her paperwork that states she was abandoned. I know that she could not be ours if she was not abandoned, but it just kills me that she would ever have a time in her life that John and I were not there for her. I also treasure Sofia's finding ad from Brian Stuy. He does incredibale work. Paisley is just beautiful. What an angelic face she has. Paisley is going to have a wonderful mommy, daddy and sister who love her and the best is yet to come.

Hugs,
Jonni
:)