15 January 2008


It's a funny thing, asking questions in so many different ways just to see if you get the right answer, but never really knowing if it is in fact the 'right' answer, or just an interpretation of the answer? That is why, when I ask a question about something of much importance, I always ask for the answer in writing...oh yes, I hear you groaning, what a 'p.i.t.a' I must be right?! But I have to justify this with how many times this has saved us untold work, misery and money in the process. Today I asked our Homestudy Agency what the process was to re-file, re-new or extend or 171*H, yes I used ALL those words just in case someone said "uh, we dont re-file, we re-new...get my point)......anyway, the person at the Agency that I spoke to sent me a memo that they had received from the officer at USCI*S stating that all we need to do is ...brace yourselves...
write a letter to ask for an extension
include a new Homestudy update
not sure if it's real or just a dream!

5 comments:

Jodi and Dennis said...

This is so good to hear. My husband and I love your blog. Piper is so awesome. We are waiting for our child match through CCAI also. Thank you for keeping everyone in the adoption loop. You should get an Emmy for your blog!

OziMum said...

Yay! Good for you!!!

Our SW was nice enough, she just took her sweet time booking a time with us, then writing the report (that entire process took 4 months... yes 4.) So, nice-schmice, she isn't a rock star in my books - coz that 4 months has put us back about 18-24 months in CC*AA time.

dawn said...

Ummm, you do know that this new one should be done free of charge dont you? Make sure you inquire about that.

Alana said...

If it makes you feel any better..when switching countries all we had to do was submit a HS update, and write a letter explaining the switch. I took these to the local USCIS office, and had my new updated and re-newed 171 in hand in less than 25 minutes. The US gov't. CAN do things in a timely manner!

kitchu said...

You serious??? Serious serious?