28 January 2008



still counting...

fifty-freakin-nine days and nary a word from China! Awesome.

and when we get our LOA we have to sign it and overnight it back to our agency and they send it back to China...and guess what...then we wait for TA...travel approval, which can take 2-4 weeks...then we wait for CA..consulate appointment...which can be a couple weeks after that!

oh..and dont forget

OUR 171H EXPIRES ON APRIL 29!

lets do some math here ladies...
days left;
January - 4
February - 29
March - 31
April - 23

87 days left before our 171H expires.
lets just have some fun...
we've waited 59 days for LOA
our agency says the wait usually runs 60-90 days, so lets say we'll get it in 31 more days...
87 - 31 = 56 days

okay 56 days...then the wait until TA is running 2-4 weeks...but I've been seeing more 4 week waits lately, and with Chinese New Year and the weeklong holiday slowing things down lets say 3 weeks for fun
56 - 21 = 35!
Then travel runs approximately two - three weeks after TA and CA
35 - 18 = 17
15 days in China on average
17 - 15 = 2
TWO DAYS TO SPARE???
someone tell me it isnt so!
Oh, and you know how fantastic our SW is...well she sent our Homestudy update to our HS agency over a week ago...we still haven't got it! I called on Friday because I was going to drive there and pick it up, but they assured me it went out in the morning post. hmm, in Minneapolis, if something is posted on Friday morning, you're pretty well sure to get it on Saturday morning! Guess what...nothing came! grrr.
renewals are taking 90 days to process, but you arent allowed to apply for renewal until you have 90 or less days left on your current 171H.
90 days was Saturday.
and just so you know...China has had our dossier since the beginning of November 2006..2006!!!! It took a month for us to get our LID (log in date) but they have had it for 14 months!!!
"bugger bugger bugger"
update: someone on our agency group just got LOA today, she was LID after LOI (which means she did not have her dossier already logged in with China when she sent her letter of intent)..she waited 61 days...61 people, from LID to LOA! My freakin file has been in China over 400 days. suckaroo!

7 comments:

Verna said...

Don't you just love how we can wait and wait and wait without a word but when we get word from China it has to be overnighted to them. Now does that seem right???? Hang in there. We had to renew I171too and it was not tooooo bad. At least you get that one freeby. ~v

crazylady said...

I remember counting days until my period *snort*
I don't know anything about I171s, seeing as I'm nordic folk, but a little piece of paper can't stop it all at this point, no matter how big a PIA it is to renew.
Count the days down in chocolate !
Sen
xo

Unknown said...

I cannot imagine the frustration! nor can I understand it. as much as I anticipate our match in a year - I dread the wait for LOA, etc.

(did you find the keys?)

kitchu said...

Oooooooo if I'd been there doing this math with you, I'd already have picked up the f**ing calculator and stamped all over it, getting some kind of serious satisfaction at having vented such a violent manner.

Someone once said to me, I think it was- hmmm- how did she say it exactly? "Welcome to Craptopia? And you're the Queen?". Something like that- it was a long time ago(wink)*

I think I've passed the crown.

Now if only being royatly alone would get China's butt in gear.

Carrie said...

you gotta be next sister!

Carrie said...

I have to steal the craptopia thing- I say crap like every other word! to funny!

Margaret M said...

It is so hard to feell your pain when you write in such a funny way. I can't help but smile. I'll be checking in frequently. It has to be here soon!