27 November 2007

As some of you know, we got THE CALL last Wednesday afternoon. The staff at CCAI were getting ready to leave for the Thanksgiving holiday, and while I would never begrudge anyone a long weekend under normal circumstances, on this particular weekend I was hoping that the hours would pass like minutes. As it was late in the afternoon by the time I got off the phone with the Waiting Child Department, and by the time I had scoured the preliminary paperwork we didn't have time for them to send the FEDEX package containing all the instructions for accepting this referral,(although I did squeak in an email saying YES YES YES! to which I had a quick "you just made my Thanksgiving" reply).

So I sat...and I waited...and I waited...and waited until Monday morning when I got up at the crack of dawn and emailed a resounding YES to the WC department. Within the hour I had a call from CCAI explaining what happens next. Firstly...Mr Fedex would be coming with a package containing a PLETHORA of papers for us to fill out, notarize and return, along with instructions for our Social Worker to have a home study addendum prepared and notarized stating our desire to adopt Paisley.



Well, this afternoon the Fedex guy arrived...I heard the truck idling to a stop in the cul de sac and grabbed the camera and hoofed it down the stairs so I could get a photo of the guy who delivered our baby! When I told him he could add that to his resume, he was genuinely shocked (possibly hoping he wasn't transporting sperm I bet)...but when I explained that he held in his hands the information for our new daughter he blushed and said he was honored.



Dr...pass me the baby!

19 comments:

Christine said...

COngratS! She is adorable. Blessings to you and your family. Thank you for shairng your joyous moments. It helps some of us know there are rainbows at the end of this wait.

Barbie said...

What a FUN delivery! Hope you get that paperwork filled out quickly and get it on its way to China!!

Gail said...

I just have to let you know that last night I dreamed I got my baby girl from China. It was the sweetest dream however . . . my baby is in Guatemala.
Thanks for helping me to have a great dream!!
Gail

Carrie said...

love the story! We didn't make the 1/2 run to the end of our diveway for the paper work fed-ex picture-I was so pissed! But I am glad you guys got yours!

Stefanie said...

Just LOVE it! So exciting.. the journey is so fun to witness when it's the Hoppe family :)
I can only imagine the look on the FedEx guy's face when you told him you were delivering your baby ;)

insanemommy said...

She is beautiful! Congrats. Funny, your fedex man looks like mine.... lol..

Maia said...

Thanks for sharing the joy of the experience...I love to see that Fedex guy! Didja kiss 'im?

Snowflowers Mum said...

eeew Maia

OziMum said...

The 21st Nov is a special day for us! We've been married (twice) on that day, and our file was approved by the Australian officials on that day!!! So it excites me even more that your dreams came true on that day, too!

May your paperwork travel safely and quickly and you be approved very soon! I'm not up with the waiting time, on Waiting Children - how long do you think til travel? Could it be Christmas? Or am I waaaay too hopeful?!!

James Michael said...

So sweet. It made me cry. I bet he will be telling that story to many people. What a fun delivery, how awesome you have documented every step of the way. She will be so excited to read about it all one day.

Calico Sky said...

your FEDX guy is a cutie, did you get his number for me?! lol

Oh so lovely to hear what it was like! Such joy!

Anonymous said...

I love that you stalked the fed ex guy with your camera. He will be forever immortalized on your blog. How grand!

Lori said...

Oh Congratulations!! Hearing your Fedex man saying he was "honored" brought tears to me eyes....so sweet.
She's beautiful! :)

Deb said...

Haley....how fun to hear about the "special delivery"! :)
Deb

kitchu said...

Well I'm guessing you are buried in that paperwork- hope it all goes smoothly! The Fed Ex guy makes a pretty cute "doc"!

kitchu said...

I'm single. I would've kissed 'em. You know, just to say THANKS.

4D said...

Love that you documented the arrival!

Keep smilin!

Tamara said...

You're allowed to kiss and photograph the Fed Ex guy on referral day. Its like having Kinko's redo the passport pictures if they are too scary for the dossier, its not vain to not want to scare the person who matches you as a parent for a baby. Special exception rules apply.

You have soooooo much shopping to do this holiday season!

dawn said...

Oh she is so gorgeous. We are exactly a week apart at the moment on our journey.

Our FEDEX guy did a stealth delivery....the nerve of the man!