08 November 2007

Quote of the day

"On the street I saw a small girl, cold and shivering in a thin dress, with little hope of a decent meal. I became angry and said to God: "Why did you permit this? Why don't you do something about it?" For a while God said nothing. That night he replied, quite subtlety "I certainly did do something about it,I made you"

Today I spoke with a wonderful guy who along with other adoptive parents has started a new charity to offer 'matching grants' to families adopting from Asia. We had a wonderful conversation and I came away knowing that so many adoptive parents have an everlasting imprint on their hearts and souls once they travel to China (or any other developing or third world nation)...we cannot walk away when so many eyes look to us for help.



I want to give a shout out to this charitable organization, I hope they can make miracles happen! Take a look at The Asian Bridge, yet another example of ordinary people doing extraordinary things!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your Piper is just the cutest thing. Isn't is amazing some of the wonderful things people are out there doing!!

Patricia said...

One of my FAVORITE quotes!!!
Off to check out the Asian Bridge now...

Thanks for the tip on the flax seed oil! :)

Ladyblog said...

SO TRUE!!!! Adoption definitely leaves an imprint on your heart forever. I wish more people understood that. You (We) just can't walk away and leave things the way they were.
~Rebecca