11 November 2007

HOT toys ~ HOT prices

I'm a sucker! I'm a sucker and I hate plastic toys. However, because I'm such a sucker, I will purchase the occasional toy ala melamine for my daughter's amusement. I'm still making sure that we don't destroy the 70/30 rule, 70% wooden, 30% plastic! This year is the exception however...the two toys we have decided on for Piper seem to be the 'HOT' toys this year...great. So, being the early bird that I am a few weeks ago I browsed Amazon and placed both toys into my shopping cart. I was reluctant to get Christmas presents too early (although the rest of the family is DONE!), so I didn't actually buy them right away. STUPID STUPID STUPID!


So, a few days later I go back to my Amazon cart and the Little Einsteins pat pat Rocket is SOLD OUT. Okay... I go to eBay and people are selling them for 2-3 times what they are worth...panic! I go to Target, and get on the email me when it's available list. A few days later I get the email that I can order it online, but it isn't yet available at the stores and the delivery time is 2-6 weeks..really?? really??? Coincidence..or is that barely days before Christmas? Smart marketing Mr Target, smart marketing! So, I buy it online for the original price, but pay a humiliatingly large amount for shipping! I am confident that the famous pat pat rocket will arrive in time for sweetikins to revel in it's plastic joy!

THEN...the Hannah Montana guitar comes up SOLD OUT...WTF??? Aren't you guys ready for Christmas or are you all a bunch of wankers trying to screw with all the Mums out there who just want to buy their little girl what she asked SANTA for???


The HM guitar is $24.99 at Target...hmmm, do I smell a conspiracy theory?? but now, people are selling them for $90 on eBay...ye Gods! It's early November and the toy wars have begun. I get back on the special Target email me when it's available list...but I have serious doubts that I will be able to get my hands on this before December 25. This time the email was less certain about it's future availability...it read...

Greetings from Target

As you requested, you're on the list to be notified when Hannah Montana
Guitar is available for ordering.

We don't yet know when this item will be available, but as soon as it
is, we'll send you an e-mail to let you know. Since supply is often
limited and some products sell out quickly, we recommend that you place
your order as soon as you receive our notification e-mail.


I am a sucker. When that email arrives...I will place my order like a good consumer.

did I say that already...I suck.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Haley, too bad that i did not know you were in need of a Pat Pat rocket. I got one at Target a few weeks ago for Sophie and today I was at Target with Sophie and they had just one on the shelf! We had to cruise down that isle because that is at the top of Sophie's wish list for Santa....

As for YUM.....we have not been there, but we have driven past it many times. We would love to meet you there. Sometime after Thanksgiving weekend would be good. Have a great week!

OziMum said...

We even heard about the Hannah Montana craze, on the news here in oz!!! They were saying scalpers were asking $2000 for a ticket to her concert!!! What the?!!!!

Good luck with the plastic guitar!