12 November 2007

not visions of sugarplums....


...last night I dreamt very vividly...from what I remember there was a fairly serious Playdoh incident and a Segway escape...but mostly I dreamt of Arnold Schwarzenegger...no not like that, he is kind of icky to me, I'm more of a Russell Crowe girl, but I digress...I dreamt of that movie where Arnold is fighting in some store for the toy he forgot to buy his kid...you know the one...some ridiculous Christmas movie form the 90's. Anyway..it was me, and a bunch of Hannah crazed Moms fighting over this STUPID guitar! I can't stand it, last night I called almost every Toys r Us in Minnesota and found ONE HM acoustic guitar toy...ONE...the TRU was 45 minutes away and it was 9.15pm...they close at 10pm. I asked for her to hold it, she said "we don't do holds" and HUNG up!!!

The reason I'm all kookoo for cocoapuffs over this stupid guitar is that I read reviews. I've never actually heard a single Hannah Montana song, but from what I gather she 'ain't no Brittany!' so I am safe when it comes to the songs that are stored on the guitar. I bring this up because the Barbie version among other less desirable versions (Bratz....just the name irks me!) play what many Moms would consider inappropriate songs for a three year old! I really don't want Piper jiving to "What a girl wants' by Miss Aguliera! Would you? So...my quest continues. I refuse at this point to pay more than what this guitar is really worth...it retails for $24.99, that is reasonable...but $60? $70? Not a chance. I can-not-will-not-shall-not cave in.

UPDATE: One of my lovely fellow adoptive Moms commented on my post...she called her local Toys R Us and tracked one down for us! Anna, YOU are my rock star today!

4 comments:

Anna B. said...

HAYLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I found your guitar!!!!!!! I am going to go pick it up for Piper. As a gift for you (and to help offset your fundraising) I will not charge you to mail it to you!!! I am so excited. On a whim, when I read this I called our ToysRUs who let me charge it over the phone (they have five left) and I am going to get it after lunch. Where do I send it????????????

Merry Christmas in November!!
AnnaB

Maia said...

That dream is hilarious!! I can just picture you fighting a crowd of rabid moms for that pink guitar!
I am right there with you on the Britney/Aguilera ban. I'm hoping (in vain, most likely) that the ho-girl-idol will go away before Flynn's time. Seriously. Mike and I were walking through the mall after a movie the other day, and there were like 13 year old girls in 5" platform heels, net shirts and 3" micro-minis. I'm like...WHERE'S YOUR MOM??????? seriously.

The Lucky Ones said...

Is this the same one?

Go to www.jcp.com and put in "Hannah Montana Guitar" -- the face looks different but I think it might be the same thing.

Oh -- and it's on sale.

Unknown said...

oh, cool! since I play, Chloe would LOVE something like this. I'm off to surf....