04 November 2007

MAO



I am seriously intrigued, having just finished Wild Swans by the same author, I thought MAO would be a perfect follow up. I will start it tonight. The sheer damage that this man inflicted on China is unthinkable...the chaos he created, the culture and history he almost single handedly destroyed, and how he obliterated basic human rights and inflicted decades of fear, pain and sorrow on his people. Hopefully I will a little more about him through the eyes of Jung Chang.

I already despise him, but I need to know more.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Ooooh....this is on my "wish list"!
Let me know how it is!! I feel the same...I need to know MORE!!

Unknown said...

Oh - I absoluetly LOVED Wild Swans. I didn't know about this one, I will have to check into it - let us know.