02 November 2007


Today when I picked up Piper from pre-school she was in a particularly bad mood...just tired and grumpy and what I term 'ready to blow'...within minutes she was yelling at me and telling me all sorts of silly things like

"no no no no we don't eat feet in THIS family" (we tell the dog to stop licking her feet in the morning when she wakes up)

and

"I am NOT your best friend Mummy!...I am too tired to be your best friend"

"I AM NOT TIRED"

I usually try to deflect, and asked her who she played with...lately she has been playing with a little girl called Hailey. Here's how the conversation went...

"Mummy, Hailey isn't married is she?"

"No Piper"

"weeeellll, whe she gets bigger maybe I can marry her okay?"

um...I had to think about how to answer this one...

"you'll have to ask Daddy"

Piper has also informed me that she is going to marry Daddy when she gets bigger and that we can come and live with her. Such a relief!

So..the concept of marriage is a little beyond her, but she has a definate grasp on the concept of love which is wonderful!

4 comments:

Maia said...

That's so funny! I love the way kids' minds work things out. It's the best.
(ps - I found a way to draw in front of my keyboard, so that I can storyboard my illustrations WHILE keeping track of the web. BRILLIANT!)

Ladyblog said...

cute!

Patricia said...

Hmmmm...so what was it about the cosmos today? Kiara was also in a very grumpy mood (very unlike her for it to last all day)...

Love that Piper knows how to love, though! Kudos to you & Mike!!

Tamara said...

Very sweet. In some ways kids don't understand thing,s but in others, they do better than most adults, don't they?