23 November 2007

A jolly good time was had by all!



We had such a wonderful time yesterday at our neighbors home...the most delicious Thanksgiving meal you could have imagined (a large Italian American contingent as well as a Nordic twist makes for a delectable dinner). I wish I had a photo of the wild pheasant wild rice soup (Brady bagged those pheasants for the occasion), but I was too worried that Piper, sitting to my right would swipe my bowl...she kept saying "oh, I like this, this is very yummy"...I think I have a kid with exotic tastes!





Following the soup of all soups was a BANQUET fit for royalty! I can barely begin to describe what we had to eat, but it was traditional with a gourmet twist...twice baked mini potatoes, steamed green beans with bacon & pecans, dressing with chestnuts, a fabulous moist turkey with REAL gravy, sweet potato au gratin (my contribution) among other wondrous treats. Can anyone say YUMMO!



Desert was sinful, a trifle made with pumpkin & ginger with lashings and lashings of whipped cream, homemade apple pie, and my favorite thing of the entire night, a pumpkin spice cheesecake with a sweet glazed topping of nuts and currants. Whoa!



Of course Kristine is the host of all hosts, she is Giada, Nigella and Paula Dean wrapped up into one! Not only did she whip this meal together, but she managed to look coiffed the entire time...how do some people pull that off?? Just don't cross her while she's cooking or else you'll get whapped with this!



Kristine a great cook, she also knows how to 'make house', she is my French flea market, antique finding friend with the warmest, coziest home in the State of Minnesota! We are so lucky to have them as our neighbors, we always feel welcome and loved.

Well, of course there was fun as well, Piper was completely entertained by the under 12's and we barely saw her for most of the evening. She had a wonderful time and the girls are great with her! When we went around the table to share what we were thankful for, Dillon gave thanks for her 'Lord & Savior', Piper was next in line and gave thanks for 'toys & frogs' and once it reached the end of the table, Bryce, Dillon and Avery's 14 year old cousin stated "I am thankful for my AWESOME ninja skills"...truly a mixed bag of thanks, touching and hilarious all at the same time.

This is the true sign of someone who is Thankful.

7 comments:

Maia said...

Ah, the famous Bryce and Dillon!
WOW, that woman is together! That is quite the beautiful feast! I live in awe of people who can look that put -together and BE that put-together all at once...but that'll never be me. I'm way too scattered (or, as the really diplomatic people put it, "creative";)

Patricia said...

Sounds wonderfully delicious!!! How very awesome to have great neighbors!! From the look on everyone's face, it looked like a grand time! LOVE that last photo of Piper! It really does say it all!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving... I still can't seem to get use to it... I am trying though...lol... everyone is looking happy and that is the main thing. I really look your photos... I see I have ALOT to learn... take care...

Stefanie said...

I looks like you had a lovely (and delicious) Thanksgiving!! The pics are great and that last pic of Piper is PERFECT :)

Carrie said...

Glad you all had fun!

Barbie said...

What a delicious looking dinner! And beautiful display! You take such wonderful pictures.

Calico Sky said...

the food made my mouth water...!!!

I love how long Piper's hair is getting!