18 November 2007

hey if Oprah can do it...




Here are a few of my favorite things that we will begin gathering for our adoption trip...some 'must haves' are the Mustela line for sensitive & excema prone skin. We used this with Piper and LOVED it! We still use the face sunblock and cold cream in the winter, but will surely take this line up for Paisley! Mustela is available on Amazon at BrU and other retailers, it's a wee bit pricey but I swear by it! The 'milky bath oil' is exceptional for flare ups of dry skin and excema and is especially good in cold weather States like Minnesota!


We also love these bibs, we didn't take any for Piper's adoption trip and we regretted it...we took disposible which was fine, but they soon ran out and Piper hated them. These are very thin almost raincoaty fabric and you can rinse them out and they dry easily in the 100% humidity of China! We have a few, so this time we'll be prepared!
This thermos from Caribou coffee was great, it held enough hot water for a bottle or two and it was slim enough to fit into my 'lands end bag easily. Well worth the investment and they are on sale right now so if anyone is looking for adoption trip paraphenalia then this is a great one! This Sigg bottle will be coming along for Piper...safe, eco-friendly and toxin free!

This post was prompted by Mike asking me this morning "what do we need to get for Paisley?"....my answer..."uh, I'm not sure yet...we need to find out how old she is and what her needs are..."

Carseats are our next quest...we have two Britax Marathons, they are great, but we certainly cannot afford two more! At $250 a pop they are very pricey, but extremely safe....and at a ripe old age of 'almost three' Piper is still not yet 30lbs or 38" (she's not even close) so a booster seat is out of the question! I think we'll just end up switching the Britax from Daddy's car into my car and getting two 'spares' for his car..truth is Daddy wont be dropping her at pre-school once Paisley comes home, so I'll be doing most of the driving around. Any suggestions from BTDT crowd?

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Yes, those bibs are FAB!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the mustela for the excema prone skin...will definitely try that!

OziMum said...

Great post! I LOVE "packing" posts! I'm sure when my turn eventually comes... I'll be a mess (after my 3 years of organising, one would think, I'd have some clue?!!!)

Those Britax chairs look fantastic. We don't have Britax here - wish we did, they're so stylish + safe! We have "safe and sound"... in boring grey velour!

Lovin those bibs! I know people say take disposable... but I'll be taking "real" bibs! They're cuter, softer, and more absorbent!

Juliette said...

I use Mustela for Maƫlle too, the sticks are very convenient and I love the smell of most of their products.
Thanks for all the Xmas tips!
Crossing my fingers for you guys this week.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I will be getting back to you on the packing list... that is for sure... hey... next year I will be in NZ for the day... sorry.. just thought I would tell you that one... (on route to Australia)