18 November 2007

How to waste a Sunday



Today Mike Piper & I headed to the big blue & yellow...yep, IKEA...we need mucho plastico containers for all our office junk and IKEA is just too cheap to resist! Plus they have some kickass yummies in their food shop and lunch is el cheapo! Who can say no to 10 little meatballs and two boiled potatoes with a giant spoonful of lingonberries??

Anyway, before we went to IKEA we hit the MOA over the road...the collosal Mall of America! How is it I can avoid the place for two full years and then frequent it twice in one week?? Who knows, but we needed to go to pick up a Harry & David gift basket for Mike to take down to Iowa...and I had a $10 in store coupon so 'why not'! Mike cleaned out the car this morning and I told him specifically "do not take out the stroller' at least three times, but all he heard was "blah blah blah take out the stroller blah blah blah" So we arrived without said survival gear (she has only used it at THIS mall and the Zoo, otherwise she has not used a stroller since she was 20 months old!)and had to pay ELEVEN dollars to rent one! Okay, we got $5 back when we returned it, but ELEVEN dollars? It didn't even have any storage room so we had to haul our bags and baskets halfway accross the mall!


I also ran into Macy's to their newly opened 'Lush' store...I LOVE LUSH!!! I used to buy their bath bombs at their store on the Kings Road in Chelsea when I lived there...they are exquisite! At Christmas each year I always go online, fill up my shopping basket then balk and cancel my order because shipping was so expensive from Canada...but NOW they have one nearby and I couldn't resist buying one for Piper, and two for me...I got 'waving not drowning' and 'sex bomb' and Piper got one called 'butterfly' that apparently has a butterfly in it!! ..no, not a real one! Bathtime is special for us...we love bubbles & fizzies!

7 comments:

James Michael said...

Wow! Sounds like a perfect day to me.

"M2" said...

I'm jealous
I so wish we had an Ikea store here
I have to use the catalogue which is too techy for me.

Patricia said...

We have a LUSH store right across the street from us...& I've only been in it ONCE!!! How is that??? I'm intimidated in there for some reason???

Sounds like a fun day despite the stroller situation.

Tamara said...

I still make an annual pilgrimage to IKEA and leave with bags o' stuff I do not need. Lush I love too. I have a beautician friend who has shown me how to make the fizzy balls because I am a bathoholic and was scared at how much I spent on them at the store. They are great for dry skin though.

Glad you had a great day. I'll be crossing my fingers for you guys to get a call before Mike leaves.

Carrie said...

I never been to a Ikea and I don't even know what it is?

Maia said...

Do you know how lucky you are to have an Ikea? We don't have one here.

And my BFF in NYC loves her LUSH. She's always pushing the catalogue on me.

Jodee said...

What a fun day! We live in Nebraska and I soooo want to roadtrip to Minnesota to go to IKEA and Mall of America. Maybe when our kids are just a little bit older!