28 November 2007

A friend for Paisley & 'Name that Pup!'



The other day I came across this little chap. He is perfectly scruffy and will be Paisley's new cribmate. Piper has 'Ollie' a stuffed miniature version of our real life Standard Schnauzer Olive. I wanted Paisley to have a special puppy too, so I looked and looked and I found this wee lad. For some reason I think he is Scottish...I think Olive looks Scottish too, even though the breed is German, and her late brother 'Angus' looked like a grumpy old Scotsman and he acted like one too! So,...my question is. What is his name?

Doogal - from 'The Magic Roundabout - UK'
Izzy - it's just cute
Porridge - cause I like it lumpy
Ziggy - my nickname for the last 25 years - thanks sis!
Fergus - well, who doesn't like that one!
Muffin - Muffy for short
Womble - oooh I like it, loved The Wombles as a kid
Shansi - the Chinese Womble

10 comments:

JoAnn in NJ said...

Cute!
The first name that hit me was Angus.

BTW, LOVE the treasured tee!

4D said...

Ollie 2!

Keep smilin!

Patricia said...

McScruffy or McScruffs
Those were the first 2 I thought of immediately, while reading your post!

OziMum said...

I always wanted to call my dog "Max" - but if he's scottish - maybe "Mac"?

Snowflowers Mum said...

oooh I like these ideas.

Piper has a little dog toy she named 'Max'...out of nowhere? Where do our kids get their ideas?

H

The Lucky Ones said...

Onion.

No, not sure why, but I'm tellin' ya -- he's an Onion for sure.

Maybe it has to do with Marinis -- you can garnish with an olive or an onion.

By the way, where is this cute doggy from????

Anonymous said...

Mushy

Tamara said...

Angus is really cute. Is Eion Scottish too or just Irish? Owen for a US spelling.

Maia said...

I liked "Scotty McMullet" from Yoli's romance novel covers...but that may be a little lengthy for a toddler.

We have a dog named Max - Mac is a good Scottish counterpart, I agree with Ozimum.

Calico Sky said...

needs a Scottish name, especially as Paisley is.
Angus
Hamish (love it!)
Sky (Isle of Sky)
Glasgow (love it)
Edinburgh
Inverness
Aberdeen (love it)
Orkney
Loch
Laughlin

I'll have to think if I know any more scottish names :)