09 November 2007

Who said I was virtuous??



Not me! Our agency posted that they have received the new waiting child list. They are generally very secretive because there is about 200 families waiting for matches through the program at any one time. The average wait time is 8-10 months...we have been waiting 9.5 months. I am disgustingly nervous and seriously STOP BREATHING every time the phone rings....there is nothing like this feeling, it is a mix of anticipation, excitement, anguish, terror and panic! I don't just have butterflies, I have a tornado of cicadas in my stomach,and a rhinoceros and three Tasmanian devils!

I broke down today and emailed the waiting child department, maybe it is a break with protocol...or maybe I'm just feeling gutsy?? or deliriously stupid...

this is what I wrote...

Attn : waiting Child Department
Topic : message from The Hoppes

okay,

I know...I need to be patient...but I just wanted to find out if there is any remote chance that our daughter Paisley 'might' be on this list?

I am doing everything in my power not to bite my fingernails (A. it's gross and I don't want to do that, B. eew)

I have to say I actually stop breathing when the phone rings...that can't be good for me!!:-)

Please reply...pretty please...

A. no, not this time
B. maybe, we'll have to see there is a slight chance
C. there is a really good chance
D. DON'T turn your cell phone off!
E. silence...which means I will have bloody stumps for fingers by next week!

Hayley Hoppe
Mum to Piper
waiting for Paisley


Update: it's getting late in Colorado and as of yet, no reply...looks like E. for now...someone get the bandaids ready!

Update II: there is a difference between .com and .org that difference meant that CCAI did not get my email on Friday. I got them returned yesterday..it took 24 hours for the internet to decide that .com wasn't working. So...did I come to my senses and just not send it, see it is a sign that I should't? Absolutely not...I sent it out as soon as I saw the returned mail...when I make a decesion I really mean it!!

UPDATE III: I got an email from CCAI...there is a 'possibility' that we may be matched with Paisley in this group, but we wont know anything for at least another week as files are translated. God have mercy on my nerves!

8 comments:

Patricia said...

UGH!!! I can only imagine how torturous this is for you right now! Hang in there!! We're thinking about you & praying for you!

Unknown said...

Down Hayley Down. Sit, Good girl. - So what did they reply with?? On mulitplication tests, the most common answer is "C" - so here's hopping for another Hoppe very soon!

Carrie said...

that is so cute with the multi-choice answers. i am sure it will be soon-at least i pray it will be!

Barbie said...

I hope you get your reply. I can't even imagine the wait! With Piper you knew the day you would get the call (eventually) but just not the time. This is soooo different!! Practice some breathing techniques to get you through is my only advice. :)

Maia said...

At least you still have your sense of humor!
You crack me up.
I am so praying you're on this list, I can tell you that much.

ps - yes we do watch Flight of the Conchords... LOVE those guys!

Anna B. said...

HOPING HOPING and HOPING that there will be a call to make you an extremely HAPPY HOPPE!!!

Anna B,

kitchu said...

Woman. You need to call me sometime! I'll be home for 2 weeks after Monday (surgery, UGH)- so we have got to catch up and distract you from chewing your nails off. I'd call you but I didn't want to stress you out!!

Ladyblog said...

Too funny!
I hope you do get matched this time. We were lucky, we got matched when the MCC's first started, so the peeps weren't analyzing the stats to see who would be next. We were completely surprised b/c we had no idea where we were in the line-up.
DD #2 was different b/c we saw her first and then had to wait anxiously to see if we would be matched to her.
Good luck! ring ring