11 November 2007

Today we went to Macy's Downtown to see the Nutcracker display (thanks for the reminder Chris & Deb). Last year it was 'Mary Poppins', but we didn't dare go because on the day we tried the wait was about two hours...two hours with an almost two year old in a queue is not a good idea! As timing had it, today we arrived at Macy's minutes after they opened,...there was a surge of parents and children, but the wait was only about 10 minutes so we decided to give it a shot! They really did do a great job...Piper really loved the displays. Many of which were generously doused with 'glitter' and who doesn't like a little glitter on a Sunday morning!






The display surprisingly ends up emptying out in the 'gift shoppe'...of course! Mike & I had no interest in anything nutcrackery but too late...Piper had spied the chocolate counter...she basically salivated in front of it until the Saleswoman said "don't tell anyone, and slipped her a little foil covered Santa"...sweet!

After the Nutcracker experience, we were accidentally on purpose shuffled into the 'Santa' line...oh well we thought, we'll give it a try. Last year we did not get any photos of Piper with Santa, she was boycotting him on the premise that he was an underground terrorist ready to declare a Jihad on Christmas! This year however, the tide had turned...she was Santa's best friend and wouldn't stop telling him how nice it was to meet him, and "I'd like a pink guitar please" "can I have a pink guitar?" we'd sadly forgotten to tell her Santa was there for requests and her persistence would not earn her a pink Hannah Montana guitar, but rather a red button that's says "I saw Santa at Macy's 2007' instead. We assured her that Santa will remember her guitar!(which reminds me I need to order it!)





They did snap a cute photo of Piper on Santa's knee...but when Piper got off she turned and hugged the big guy in red and the elf snapped that one too...so we decided to get that one instead of the standard pose.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Very sweet photo of Piper and Santa!

Tamara said...

Much better than the standard pose!

Maia said...

Cool! I am a Nutcracker MANIAC. my parents used to take me to see the massive production by the NYC Ballet at Lincoln Center when I was a kid, with the Christmas tree that grew to be like 3 stories high. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

...I like that pig in the tutu, also!

Danielle Moss said...

Love it. I LOVE Christmas. If you've seen my blogs I'm sure I have made that quite obvious :)