24 November 2007

Two movies...


Today we took Piper to a Matinee to see Mr Magorian's Magic Emporium...I love Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman and especially Jason Bateman, but I did not like the movie...both Mike & I were sorely disappointed and Piper lost interest pretty quickly. Bad editing, bad writing...not cool...idea was great, execution poor.

After Piper went to bed we popped 'Evan Almighty' into the DVD player...I wasn't expecting too much, I mean really, how many movies can Steve Carell be in that will exceed the 40 year old Virgin?? While this wasn't quite on the same lines as the afore mentioned film, it was funny & sweet and I loved the cast, almost all of the Daily Show cast was in the movie..and you know how much we love the Daily Show!

It was a lovely family movie, I think Piper would like it. Pity we didn't watch it with her. Wanda Sykes was great, as was John Goodman. So thumbs down for the Magic Emporium, and thumbs up for Evan Almighty. Who can resist Morgan Freeman as GOD himself!

4 comments:

Calico Sky said...

lol yes, I enjyed Evan Almighty too!

Glad you had a great day!

Mamacita said...

I liked the special effects and the wonderful creative toys in the shop....the plot was poor and it ended very suddenly.

Sugarlips liked Evan Almight too, but I had to convince her that there wouldn't be a flood in our neighborhood after the movie.

Maia said...

I'm so bummed about Mr. Magorium. I had all my holiday hopes pinned on that movie...Mike told me it was getting terrible reviews, but I still held out hope. I trust your tastes, however, so I'm afraid I'm destined to be disappointed. Sniff!
Guess I'll just sit here and watch "It's a Wonderful Life".

OziMum said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Dustin Hoffman flick, I was planning on seeing that one... will wait for DVD!

Mikayla (10) was desperate to watch Evan Almighty, I was very dubious - but absolutely loved it! Harry fell asleep, but thats ok, no reflection on the movie! Just a tired boy!!!