13 November 2007

Dragons & diamonds & sprinkles ~ oh my!

Well...I have to say today was AMAZING! This morning I decided that today was going to be all about Mommy & Piper! I know, I know....selfish yes, fun...absolutely! We rarely ever 'spend' money on this kind of thing, but I wanted Piper to have a day where we had lots of girly fun.

While Daddy headed off to work, Piper & I got dressed and headed off to the Mall of America for 'Toddler Tuesday', when we got there it was just opening and pretty quiet...the Toddler event was Music Together or Kindermusik...whichever it was Piper wasn't interested in the 'baby' songs but she knew where she was and asked to see the Merry go Round! We headed over to the Amusement park inside the mall and purchased a few passes for the rides. Piper immediately chose "Polly the Dragon", and had a wonderful ride..or shall I say rides! Piper calls girl dragons 'Polly' because of a story we made up about a lost dragon who lands in our back yard and Piper reads her stories and they become friends.





Anyhoo...after the dragon rides we headed upstairs to check out 'Club Libby Lou' a new little girl store/club/spa where the littlies can get glittered up to the max...and more impertantly get something very special done...



Piper got her ears peirced! She chose little flowers with 'diamonds' and her birthstone in the center (okay I chose the birthstone, but she chose the flower!)



can you just imagine what she is thinking....



She was so brave and sat so nicely for the ladies! She did get a little shock when the lady doing her right ear couldn't get the machine to 'let go' but after a few seconds of tears she wanted to look in the mirror...guess what she said..."can we go ride Polly now Mummy?" So we did!




after the rides we went to Cold Stone Creamery for a pink ice cream with sprinkles...pretty much a perfectly perfect day if you ask me...if you tried to ask Piper you wouldnt get a reply, she is sound asleep in her bed.

12 comments:

James Michael said...

What a perfect day! I cannot wait to have a day like that. We have her earrings but nothing to put them in. I would love to go to a little kiddie spa like that, but we'll have to wait at least a year for her to really enjoy it.
I bet she will be so excited to show her daddy those beautiful ears!

kitchu said...

Now THAT sounds like a perfect day! Love that dragon she chose to ride, she is my kind of girl :O) And how brave of her to get her ears done, I would have been screaming at that age I am sure!

LOVE seeing that dress on her too, that was the one thing I bought for Macey when I was LID... little gift to celebrate the occasion. She looks so adorable!

Carrie said...

I love the earrings! But that poor little look on her face-I wanted to cry! How do you get a 6 year old to get her ears done? They don't do that kind of stuff in China right?

Barbie said...

What a magical day with your daughter! Good for you!!

Kristine, Brady, Dillon, Bryce & Avery Forseth said...

The girls were so excited when they saw the pictures they ran upsatirs screaming to Dillon, "Piper got her ears pierced". She couldn't look anymore beautiful than she already is, but she does look awfully cute!
What a special day:)

Patricia said...

Absolutely magical!! What a great day for the both of you...the stuff great memories are made of!

Kelley said...

Fun, fun, fun!! Piper is a brave girl, and looks like she's having so much fun with the merry-go-round and ice cream!

Unknown said...

wow - what girly fun! sometimes you gotta bring on the bling!

Stefanie said...

Okay, next time you guys have a girls day, can WE come?!? Sounds like an incredible day!! And your pictures do a great job capturing the moment! Piper is such a cutie and I love that dress.. we'll be pulling ours out of the closet soon!

tiffany said...

SO FUN! These are fantastic things to do while waiting for baby sister too! Sometimes I miss miss miss these times with just Sophie. I try very hard to take each one out here and there but it gets trickier for sure. So glad you are enjoying the moments with just Piper while waiting for Paisley. That said, I must admit that I am checking your site way too often looking for the big announcement! :)

Maia said...

What a great day! That makes me happy just looking at it!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Anonymous said...

What a brave kid. Oh, that brought back my own pain thinking about having my ears pierced (and other body parts).