01 November 2007

Ready to trick or treat Lola?

Piper was ready at 6.30 this morning, this girl is awesome! After our full day and a lovely long nap, all Piper wanted to do was get her costume on and hit the pavement! She would not answer to Piper, I had to call her 'Lola' and she was basically jumping up and down for a couple of hours before it was time to set out. We couldn't even get dinner into her she was so excited! She practised what she would say when she knocked on doors "trick or treat" "Happy Halloween" and the ever important "thank you very much!"

A pose for Mummy



As soon as it was dusk Piper and Mike headed out to collect candy...



an hour later they were back showing off their booty!



Our neigbors Gae & Randy gave Piper a very special cupcake with a ghost ring on it...acting against my mother's intuition, and the advice of our friend Patricia in NYC...we gave our almost 3 year old a cupcake at 8pm...





This is what happened!





6 comments:

Barbie said...

'Lola' is absolutely adorable! Hannah and Ryan were so excited all day too. When Ryan woke up in the morning he was ready to go and I told him we had to wait until it got dark. He looked out the curtain and said "it dark now". I can just see us showing up at 7am!! I didn't know I meant after dinner dark. :) The pictures of Piper after the cupcake are priceless!! lol!!

mandt said...

I love the Lola costume! Too cute. Looks like you guys have had a great Halloween.

JoAnn in NJ said...

So cute!
And I have to tell you something funny. In Tagalog (Filipino) Lola means Grandmother! Our little Hoppe calls her Grandma Lola!;)

It looked like you guys had a wonderful 'Ween!

Take care!

Tamara said...

Haha! I wish I had that much energy from an 8 pm cupcake. Too cute.

Calico Sky said...

so glad she had a great time :)

and what time did she get to bed?! lol

Patricia said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!! I am sitting here CRACKING up over those photos!!! Quite the hair-raising experience, wasn;t it??!! LOL!

Looks like Piper had a grand ol' time!! Loved her "ride" from house to house!

HUGS!!!